New Student Orientation
All international students beginning their studies at LMU this fall should attend both the International Student Orientation and New Student Orientation. Students should plan to attend sessions and activities every day from Friday, August 21 to Sunday, August 30, 2020.
Students attending International Student Orientation should plan to arrive on LMU's Westchester campus on Friday, August 21 no later than 1:00 p.m. (PST) in order to complete SEVIS registration. Students living in LMU Housing will be able to move in to their assigned housing on Friday, August 21 between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
New Student Orientation is designed to welcome you to campus, prepare you to begin classes at LMU, and introduce you to the resources and opportunities available to you as a member of the LMU community. See below for an outline of the Orientation schedule:
*The exact times and locations of Orientation sessions are subject to change. Please check back for updates on the timing of specific sessions and events.
Friday, August 21 - Wednesday, August 26
- International students will have Orientation sessions and activities each day that will allow them to acclimate to life as a student at LMU. These sessions and activities are carefully designed to meet the needs of new international students and domestic student living abroad, who are transitioning to college in the United States.
Thursday, August 27 - Sunday, August 30
- International students will join all students in the Class of 2024 for welcome activities, workshops, and Orientation sessions. These activities provide an opportunity for students to get to know other students in their academic program and continue learning about all LMU has to offer.
Monday, August 24
- International transfer students living in LMU Housing may move-in to their residence hall on Monday, August 24.
Tuesday, August 25
- All international transfer students attend Transfer Student Orientation. This event provides a holistic introduction to LMU, your academic program, and campus resources. Parent and family members are welcome to attend this event with you at no additional charge.
A mandatory immigration session with the Office of International Students and Scholars will also be scheduled for all international transfer students. Details regarding the date and time of this session are forthcoming.
Saturday, August 29*
- All international gradaute students are invited to attend the LMU Graduate Student Orientation on Saturday, August 29. This event provides a holistic introduction to LMU, your academic program, and campus resources.
- A mandatory immigration session with the Office of International Students and Scholars will also be scheduled for all international transfer students. Details regarding the date and time of this session are forthcoming.
*Please note that certain acdemic programs will host sessions or Orientation activities for their graduate students separate from the wider LMU Graduate Student Orientation. Graduate students studying in the Loyola Law School, the School of Film and Television, the MBA program, the eMBA program, Higher Education Administration, and Educational Leadership for Social Justice should inquire with their department about Orientation dates and attendance expectations.