Progressing from one college experience to this next level as a Transfer Student at LMU is an accomplishment to be proud of. As much excitement as this year will bring, there are also many questions and uncertainties that may lie ahead. To ensure Transfer Student parents/families have the relevant information and support they need to feel informed and help ease their children into campus life on the Westchester bluff, LMU welcomes you to New Parent/Family Orientation and encourages you to be familiarized with the resources below.
Parent Pride Presentations
Starting in July, you will begin receiving regular communication regarding your student’s transition (and yours!). Parent Pride is your online resource for everything parent and family at LMU. You will first receive a series of presentations from key offices and departments at LMU that provide you with critical resources, information and deadlines throughout the summer, as your student prepares to begin the academic year.
Check out a snapshot of these presentations below!
- Laying the Foundations
- Academic Big Picture
- Student Housing
- Financial Aid
- Campus Business Services
- Student Financial Services
- Student Health Services
- Disability Support Services (DSS)
As preparations continue throughout the summer, Parent Pride will be your guide. Parent Pride is LMU’s online resource for parents and families, which features articles, helpful tips and other online tools that can aid you and your family during your student’s first year at LMU.
Be on the lookout for more helpful communication via Parent Pride throughout the summer and academic year, including a Parent and Family Summer Checklist to help you and your student stay on track for their arrival in August.
Transfer Parent Orientation Schedule
Transfer students are scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 for Transfer Student Orientation. If your student is living on campus, they will be able to move into their housing on Monday, August 19. Their move-in time slot will be emailed to their Lion email account.
Additionally, Welcome Weekend is the start of a wonderful year at LMU! See schedule below for Transfer Parent Orientation.
8:30–9:00 a.m. | Orientation Check
- Check-in for Orientation and enjoy a light continental breakfast. Mingle with student leaders and others attending orientation.
9:00–9:45 a.m. | Campus Tours for Parents & Families
- Parents & families are invited to take a 30 minute, student-led walking tour of the LMU campus. Tours will depart at 9:00 & 9:15 a.m.
10:00–11:00 a.m. | New Student Convocation
- Celebrate the start of your student's academic journey! This is the official university welcome for new students from LMU's faculty and leadership.
11:15–11:45 a.m. | Laying the Foundation: LMU Parent & Family Programs
- Learn what you can expect as your student starts their journey at LMU.
11:45 AM–12:15 p.m. | Academic Big Picture
- Learn about academics at LMU and the requirements students need to meet during their course of study.
12:15–12:30 p.m. | LMU Campus Safety
- Learn about safety and emergency preparedness resources on LMU's campus.
12:30–1:45 p.m. | Parent & Family Lunch
- Enjoy lunch with fellow parents and family members attending Orientation.
1:45–2:15 p.m. | Student Employment Services
- Learn about the employment opportunities available to your student on the LMU campus and how these opportunities contribute to student engagement and professional preparation.
2:15–2:45 p.m. | Library & Academic Resource Center
- Learn about research and academic support resources available to your student through the LMU Libraries and the Academic Resource Center.
2:45–3:00 p.m. | Break
3:00–3:30 p.m. | Career & Professional Development
- Encounter LMU programs that allow students to explore career interests, prepare for internships, and achieve their professional goals
3:30–4:00 p.m. | LMU EXP
- Hear about the ways your student can get involved and maximize their college experience through LMU EXP.
4:00–4:30 p.m. | LMU Cares
- Get information on LMU CARES, which provides education, support, and resources to students in order to promote campus safety and conduct that aligns with the "Lion's Code."
Plan Your Orientation Stay
Listed below is information for the area surrounding Loyola Marymount University. For more information regarding these accommodations, please contact hotels directly for availability and specific rate information.
- Aloft Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott LAX/El Segundo
- Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles-Westside in Culver City
- Custom Hotel
- Crowne Plaza LAX
- Doubletree Hotel by Hilton LA/El Segundo
- Doubletree Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Westside
- Embassy Suites LAX North
- Embassy Suites LAX South