Congratulations! All your hard work and planning have paid off. We look forward to officially welcoming you to the LMU family at Orientation!
Transfer BBQ | Friday, July 26, 2019
Spend a casual afternoon getting to know your fellow transfer students along with faculty and staff from your college over a classic BBQ lunch. You can take this opportunity to get answers to your most pressing questions regarding your enrollment at LMU. This is a family affair, so bring the whole gang!
If you are an international transfer student, in addition to Transfer Orientation you will participate in International Transfer Student Orientation.
Tuesday, August 20
8:30–9:00 a.m. | Orientation Check-in & Breakfast
- Check-in for Orientation and enjoy a light continental breakfast. Meet current LMU students and mingle with others attending orientation.
9:00–9:45 a.m. | Becoming Part of the Pride
- Meet your O'leader and build connections with other transfer students starting at LMU this fall.
10:00–11:00 a.m. | New Student Convocation
- Process to Sacred Heart Chapel, where faculty, staff, and leadership will offer the official university welcome and celebrate your start at LMU.
11:15 a.m.–12:30 p.m. | Orientation Sessions
- Learn about the student employment and safety resources at LMU, and find out more about maximizing your college experience through LMU EXP.
12:30–1:30 p.m. | Lunch
- Enjoy lunch with your O'leader and make connections with other new students.
1:30–4:00 p.m. | Orientation Sessions
- Encounter what it means to "Live the Lion's Code," and learn how to maximize your time as an LMU student by leveraging the academic and career resources available to you.
4:00–5:00 p.m. | Academic Breakout Sessions
- Receive a welcome to your college and hear about the exciting opportunities for learning in your major.
5:00–9:00 p.m. | Get Onboard with LMU!
- All incoming transfer students are invited to attend a sunset yacht party in Marina del Rey following Transformations on August 20, 2019! This event is exclusive to transfer students and is included in your Orientation experience. Bus transportation from the LMU campus to this off-campus event will be provided. This event is optional. RSVP is required.
Wednesday, August 21
Optional Transfer Academic Advising: Take advantage of this opportunity between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. to discuss last minute questions with your academic advisor.
Thursday, August 22
8:00–11:00 p.m. | Join the Pride
- Join other new students for your first LMU spirit rally. Receive a free t-shirt, take a picture on the field, and get excited for the season ahead! This is an optional activity.
Friday, August 23
8:00–11:00 p.m. | Viva LMU
- Experience a larger-than-life party, hosted by RHA, that stretches down Alumni Mall. Take in the vibrant entertainment, games, and music during this late night event. This event is optional.
Saturday, August 24
12:00–3:00 p.m. | LMU EXP
- Enjoy live music, food, and entertainment, while exploring ways to get involved on campus. This activity is optional.
3:00–5:00 p.m. | Intercultural Welcome
- Celebrate the start of a new, exciting academic year with Ethnic and Intercultural Services during this welcome for new students and their families. This activity is optional.
5:00–6:00 p.m. | Welcome Mass
- Students and families are invited to participate the time-honored tradition of LMU's annual Welcome Mass. This activity is optional.
6:00–8:00 p.m. | Celebration Dinner*
- Experience the diversity of California cuisine during this food truck foray on Alumni Mall. Food truck offerings are complimentary to students and guests. This activity is optional.
7:00–9:00 p.m. | Men’s Soccer vs. UCSB
- Bring your friends and family to cheer on your Lions as they face off against the University of California, Santa Barbara! This activity is optional.
8:00–11:00 p.m. | Splash with MANE Entertainment
- Grab your swimsuit and dive right into this late night SoCal pool party, featuring a live DJ, food, and giveaways. This event is exclusive to LMU students; no guests will be admitted. This activity is optional.
Sunday, August 25
4:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m. | Sunday Funday
- Bring a blanket and join other students for a low-key hangout. Enjoy live music, entertainment, and treats from a dessert truck. Both new and continuing LMU students are welcome.
Course Requirement: ORNT 1000 & 2000
The 5-week course provides an introduction to university life through interactive workshops on a variety of critical topics. They are required of all first-year and transfer students.
Week 1: Course Welcome and Syllabus Review
Week 2: LMU Pregame
Week 3: Code Certified
Week 4: Courageous Conversations
Week 5: You’ve Got This: Resilience on the Bluff